Minutes of the Town Projects Meeting held on 12 th July 2010 in the Council Chamber, Council Offices, Windmill Lane, Northam at 10.00am

 

Present: Cllrs Miller (Chairman), Edwards, Johnson and Langton

In attendance: Cllr Eastman

Mrs Jane Mills, Town Clerk

1007/182 Chairman's announcements

An e-mail was received regarding Blackies and grass cutting. The Clerk was asked to advise the writer that the area adjacent to the paths and benches had been strimmed and this will be maintained with the rest of the area being maintained as a nature reserve.

 

1007/183 Apologies

Apologies were received from Cllrs Hames, Osborne and Robinson

 

1007/184 Declarations of interest

Members were reminded that all interests should be declared prior to the item being discussed.

 

1007/185 To agree the agenda between Part A and Part B (confidential information)

It was resolved to agree the agenda as published.

 

1007/186 To confirm and sign the minutes of the Town Projects Meeting held on 14 th June 2010

It was resolved unanimously to confirm and sign the minutes as a true record of the meeting.

 

1007/187 To consider Community Centre Toilets

It was resolved to write to the Community Centre advising that in the current economic climate the Council felt unable to continue provision of the toilet.

 

1007/188 To consider update on other areas for allotments

The Clerk read a response from Torridge and it was resolved to write back to Torridge inviting suggestions of other areas to be considered.

 

1007/189 To consider Street Cleaning

It was resolved to consider street cleaning jointly with minute 1007/191

 

1007/190 To consider Christmas lights and update on hanging baskets

The Clerk advised that the hanging baskets will be renewed on 29 th or 30 th July. Two spare hanging baskets are to be placed on Northam Hall on the front gable ends.

With regard to Christmas lights the Clerk was asked to order 12 extra trees and sets of lights and in October to order 4 x 15' fresh trees from the supplier.

 

1007/191 To consider update on appointment of maintenance staff

Councillors expressed considerable dissatisfaction with the present street cleaning and it was resolved to take forward, as soon as possible, the appointment of maintenance staff. The Clerk will meet with the Mayor and the Chairman of Town Projects to prepare a job description and bring this to the Council for further consideration.

 

1007/192 To consider Planters on Appledore Quay

It was agreed to defer this item until further notice but the Clerk was asked to place the Appledore Boat Park on the agenda for a later meeting following consultation with Mr Deasy from Devon County Council.

 

1007/193 To consider an update on the Burrough Farm allotments

 

      • Vehicular access - It was resolved to go ahead with the vehicular access and the Clerk was asked to enter into the necessary correspondence.

 

      • Hedging the Clerk advised that the plants for hedging the allotment were on order and was asked to contact Torridge with respect to their boundary fences asking them to address the problems of the non existent fencing.

 

      • Agreement with Football Club - the Clerk was asked to arrange a meeting with the Football Club and Cllrs Langton, Miller and Johnson.

 

      • Ongoing works It is hoped that hedge laying will take place in the autumn.

 

1007/197 It was resolved to readmit members of the press and public

 

There being no further business the meeting closed at 11.50 am

 

 

TOP OF PAGE   BACK TO MINUTES